I’ve been asked to share this job announcement for the position of Partnership Manager with the Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative, a project of the Clinton Foundation. Based in either Peru or Colombia, you would be reporting to the Vancouver-based team. I think this is a wonderful opportunity for a more business-oriented person to expand their field of interest, and try something different. Please let me know if you’d like to apply.
Click here to view the pdf.
- Partnerships Manager
- CGSGI (Canada)
- (Lima, Peru OR Bogota, Colombia)
ABOUT THE CLINTON GIUSTRA SUSTAINABLE GROWTH INITIATIVE: The Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative (CGSGI) is an initiative of the William J. Clinton Foundation that works in partnership with the private sector, governments, local communities, and other NGOs to increase the scope, scale, impact, and sustainability of social and economic development efforts in areas where poverty is widespread. Established in June 2007 by President Bill Clinton and philanthropist Frank Giustra, CGSGI focuses on alleviating poverty in the developing world through market-driven development that creates jobs and increases incomes, and by strengthening factors that enable economic growth such as health and education.
The Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative (Canada) is an affiliated, but separate, organization, based in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The Manager for Partnerships will work with the CGSGI (Canada) team to develop, implement, and monitor new and existing in-country partner relationships. S/he will also work closely with CGSGI teams in Peru and Colombia, and ultimately report to the leadership of CGSGI (Canada). The Manager will be resident in either Colombia or Peru, with frequent travel between the two countries. CGSGI is currently developing programs in Mexico; other duties may be added as needed commensurate with CGSGI’s partnership goals and objectives there.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES • Work closely with CGSGI teams to develop and implement CGSGI’s Partnership Strategy.
• Achieve CGSGI’s partnership goals and objectives by identifying, researching, and soliciting potential partners in line with both the Partnership Strategy and specific programmatic needs articulated by the New York, Bogota, Lima and future CGSGI offices.
• Ensure timely communication between and among CGSGI (Canada), CGSGI teams in Peru and Colombia, and existing and future partners.
• Serve as a link between the in-country and CGSGI (Canada) offices for information that the Vancouver team needs for its own partnership development activities (e.g. outlining different opportunities for corporate engagement with CGSGI programs beyond funding, such as in-kind donations of products/services and know-how transfer).
• Will assist in the planning and execution of fund-raising efforts in-country. • Contribute to the maintenance of the corporate partnership database. • Assist with any additional tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS • Relevant graduate degree (sales/marketing, business, development).
• Minimum 3-5 years work experience in a similar role.
• Work experience in Latin America, essential; experience with the private sector in Colombia and/or Peru preferred.
• Fluently bilingual (Spanish/English), with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
• Strong relationship-building and relationship-management skills, with experience in developing and maintaining high-level private sector contacts.
• The ideal candidate for this position must be able to work independently and unsupervised as well as in a team-oriented environment.
• Detail-oriented and well-organized.
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database systems, and internet research.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS • Fundraising experience an asset.
• Strong strategic-planning and negotiation skills.
• Exposure to sustainable development issues in Latin America.
TERMS • Full-time, one year contract, with possibility of extension.
• Locations: Colombia, Peru and, possibly, Mexico.
• Salary: We offer a competitive salary & benefits package based on credentials and experience.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates may apply in confidence with a letter of application, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of two referees to:
Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative (Canada) Re: Manager, Partnerships Email: email@example.com
A writing sample may be requested as part of the interview process.
The Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative (Canada) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications received, it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of each application; only selected candidates receiving serious consideration for this position will be contacted.